In honour of this accomplishment, we are launching our newly certified products in updated packaging. We wanted an elevated look that didn't veer too far away from our roots and puts our commitment to sustainability front and centre.
Have you ever wondered what sustainability means?
In short, sustainability looks to protect our natural environment, human and ecological health.
Packaging, ingredients, and production have a big impact on our planet and the right choices can make a difference. We make it a priority to create sustainable products with renewable plant-based ingredients and recyclable packaging.
Ecocert certification guarantees the following:
* Production and processing that respect the environment and human health
* The development of the concept of green chemistry
* The absence of petrochemical ingredients
* Responsible use of natural resources
* Respect for biodiversity
* The absence of GMOs
* Recyclable packaging
YOU WILL BEGIN TO SEE THESE CERTIFICATIONS ON OUR LABELS:
Ecocert Cosmos Natural
All the ingredients used are of natural origin with the exception of a restrictive list of approved ingredients (including preservatives) authorized in small quantities.
Ecocert Cosmos Organic
At least 95% of the plants it contains are from organic farming.
Organic farming means:
- Respect for living ecosystems and animal welfare
- Maintenance of a high degree of biodiversity and conservation of soil fertility
- Ban of the chemical synthetic pesticides and GMOs
- Responsible management of natural resources
When you purchase from Cocoon, you can be sure that we are doing the right thing and that we are accountable and committed. As one of only a handful of other brands with this certification in Canada, we hope to inspire others in this evolution of skin care.